I’ve been nagging about managing reviews for the last few years and it’s time to do it again:
BrightLocal released their 2016 Local Consumer Review Survey with stunning results.
- 84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation
- 7 out of 10 consumers will leave a review for a business if they’re asked to
- 90% of consumers read less than 10 reviews before forming an opinion about a business
- 54% of people will visit the website after reading positive reviews
- 73% of consumers think that reviews older than 3 months are no longer relevant
- 74% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more
- 58% of consumers say that the star rating of a business is most important
Reviews don’t have to be the chore that it was in the past. There are affordable tools for local businesses to track, generate, balance and publish reviews back to your website.
*PS – Contact me for more information about using reviews as part of your online presence.